On June 14, 2018, our team hosted and produced an invitation-only event at NeueHouse NYC featuring an entirely new genre of design-forward, and luxury-minded visionaries in the modern cannabis and CBD space — a new kind of B2B event showcasing the next generation of lifestyle brands to carry at retail.
Elevated Talks: Luxury Meets Cannabis — Wellness, Beauty, Media, and Design
The event also included an exhibit area where our media, retailer, and industry attendees could experience the products firsthand.
Cannabis and hemp have exploded into modern and luxury-minded wellness brands, beauty products, apothecaries, and media outlets. We spoke to 4 visionaries leading the way.
Jed Wexler, CEO of @818Agency
Andrew Goetz, co-founder and owner (MALIN+GOETZ)
Cindy Capobianco, founder, Lord Jones (Luxury CBD brand)
Anja Charbonneau, Editor in Chief, Broccoli magazine (a global magazine by and for women who love Cannabis)
Megan Villa, Creative and Content Director, Svn Space (an e-commerce and content site focusing on hemp-derived products + wellness for women)
Key questions we set out to answer:
"What is driving this new modern green evolution? Is it wellness, beauty, skincare, fashion, design, CBD, hemp? What is the opportunity here?"
“How do you build a prestige brand in this space?”
"Is the apothecary the new dispensary? Or is the dispensary the new apothecary? Or is it both?"
818 concepted the event and executed the following:
- panelist booking and moderation
- messaging and positioning
- an event content strategy to distribute industry-specific editorial content
- attendee acquisition: media, retailers, brands, investment industry
- registration landing pages: design and development
- triggered email content sequence
- social content on @818Agency + @LuxuryMeetsCannabis
- audience-specific site content + video
Facebook Live (during)
818 Agency Page
- NeueHouse (venue)
- Journal Hotels
- insights recap
- video + photography recap
Case Study photo: by Max Dworkin
- NeueHouse's most clicked-on and read about panel event — from an analytics perspective
- at-capacity event of retailers, media, brands, and investment industry attendees
- attendee registration landing pages converted at a 19.30% rate
- pre-event email content sequence resulted in an average 78% open-rate
Creation of a new high-end B2B event property and platform that connects leading brands in the space to retailers, media, and potential partners.
The development of key industry data and event-derived insights to share with our partners — insights into the future of retail, luxury, beauty, skincare, wellness, fashion, design, and media.
Building and capturing warm audiences by creating and deploying top-tier editorial content before, during, and after the event.
This campaign and event effectively blended digital content and the offline event experience — in service of a new event property and whitespace within a fast-growing Cannabis category.
The 2nd Annual Luxury Meets Cannabis Conference (LMCC) takes place this October 22, 2019 at NeueHouse from 9AM-6PM.